Please join us in congratulating our 10 winners of YourNovel.com’s Personalized Romance Writing Contest celebrating our 20 years in business. The 10 winning stories will be published in Celebrating Romance II in time for Valentine’s gift giving, and like all YourNovel.com offerings, these stories can be personalized to star any couple.
First place goes to Jamie Loafman of Garner, NC, for her story “Piece of Paradise.” Jamie chose as her prize 5 nights at Bolongo Bay, St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands valued at $2,354.
Second place goes to Marilee Smith of Grand Island, NE, for her story “Greco-Romance.” Marilee chose 2 nights at Rosewood Country Inn, Bradford, NH, valued at $798 as her prize.
Third place goes to Yonni Groza of Beacon, NY, for her story “Mystery on the Mountain.” Yonni chose 2 nights at The Chesterfield Palm Beach, Palm Beach, FL, valued at $538 as her prize.
Our remaining seven winners (in alphabetical order) are:
• Eren Deniz of Morehead City, NC, who wrote “Halloween Delights” and chose 2 nights at Old Edwards Inn and Spa, Highlands, NC, valued at $625 as her prize.
• Emily Dommershausen of Bedford, MA, who wrote “Infectious Love” and chose 7 nights (and up to two rooms) at St. James’s Club & Villas, Antigua, valued at $4,515 as her prize.
• Jane Hansen of Springfield, MO, who wrote “Island Forecast: Danger” and chose $75 as her prize.
• Lee Malcolm of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, who wrote “Remote Control” and chose $75 as her prize.
• Sunshine A. Morrison of Portland OR, who wrote “The Grape Escape: Romance in Wine Country” and chose 7 nights (and up to two rooms) at The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua, valued at $4,200 as her prize.
• Diane L. Vann and Carl W. Vann of Honolulu, HI, who co-wrote “An Aloha Scavenger Hunt,” and will receive a 2-night stay in Raleigh, NC at the Oakwood Inn Bed & Breakfast plus personalized tours valued at $500 as their prize.
• Lisa West of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, wrote “Mayan Riviera” and chose $75 as her prize.
Congratulations to the 10 winners, who will now be able to add “published writer” to their resumes. We know that our readers are going to love reading their stories as much as we and all the judges did.
Stay tuned for announcement of the publication date for Celebrating Romance II. But if you can’t wait, our 10th-anniversary book featuring 10 winning stories is still for sale – it’s Celebrating Romance.