Here’s a shoutout to our novelists Tom and Mary, who got good press today in the Asheville Post where Tim W. Jackson writes:
In the past century, chocolate has become synonymous with Valentine’s Day. The industrial revolution meant that chocolate could be mass produced, which decreased the costs associated with chocolate. By the 1930s, chocolate’s appeal was far-reaching, being advertised to children and of course being touted as an exquisite gift choice.
Fortunately for chocolate-lovers in Asheville, plenty of options exist to feed the beast! One of those is Kilwins, whose owner knows a little something about romance. She’s the author of four personalized romance novels. In fact, it was her romance writing that ultimately led Marcy Gallagher and husband, Tom, to Asheville. While living in Florida about 10 years ago, she entered a romance writing contest for YourNovel.com. Her short story won and as a prize she received a stay at the Grove Park Inn. A few years later, Marcy (who writes under the name Marcy Thomas) and Tom decided to start a new life, so they opened a Kilwin’s franchise in Asheville and then another in Black Mountain…. (read the rest of the story here)
Meanwhile, you can order one of Marcy Thomas or Thomas Marcy’s novels right now for Valentine’s Day 2017.
Here are the titles the two have available that you can star in with your real-life hero or heroine:
- Wild West Love Fest, the newest offering from YourNovel.com, where you and your sweetie go back in time 150 years to the Old West with a town full of characters right out of central casting.
- Rome: Diamonds, Danger and Desire is a sexy European adventure, where the starring male takes on the role of a lifetime — secret agent — or does he? He and his special lady look the part, too, zipping along Rome’s crowded streets in a cool Ferrari and hanging out with mysterious types, including a sultan who plans to purchase the world’s most perfect diamond.
- Treasure Seekers is set in tropical Ft. Lauderdale, where the starring couple embarks on a treasure hunt promising adventure and riches only to and learn about life’s most precious treasure.
- Heart of the Keys set in Key West provides intrigue and romance thanks to an 1848 love letter that holds a secret known only to a wealthy businessman with ill intent; an unusual gentleman enlists the aid of the hero and heroine to help foil an unsavory scheme.
- Shore Thing 2 (a collaboration with Fletcher Newbern) features four personalized short stories set at Huntington Beach, CA, known as Surf City USA; Lake Powell, UT; South Beach in Miami, FL; and on Great Exuma Island in the Bahamas.
- Season’s Greetings, Season’s Love, set in the Town of Harmony, where the winter holidays are a time of enchantment and celebration.
YourNovel’com’s titles are available year-round priced from $11 to $125. Most popular are paperbacks starting at $39.95. With more than 50 titles available this “season of love,” YourNovel.com has made it easy for customers to narrow the choices via its categories pages, such as Beaches and Cruises. Ebooks can be delivered right through Feb. 14, and the company is year-round.
(Read an excerpt from “Wild West Love Fest” at https://yournovelblog.com/catalog/ProductDetails/102.)